Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A little less drama please

I've never been one of those girls who wanted drama. Let me explain a little better, I've never been the type of girl who likes drama in my own life. Drama in someone else's life is fine, I do find some amazement in the things other people do. But I don't want that in my life, I've always been one that if it works for someone else so be it. Maybe not my cup of tea but that's all good.

I've had more drama the last year or so than I think I have my whole life. A friend at work described it perfectly by saying that I use to be boring, she could guess what I'd say I did over the weekend all the time. But since I moved I've had new drama almost every week.

So it's no surprise that something came up this week. Yesterday morning I was getting ready for work when I heard my husband's cousin crying. I peek in her room to see what's up and she says she is moving to a different state and flying out tomorrow. Oh and she's so stressed about it she can't watch my son that day. I was floored. The move was news to me so I asked how long she's been planning this and she responded with "since like 9 last night, that's why I'm so stressed", with a "duh" look on her face. Mind you I was minutes from walking out the door and now I have no sitter.I quickly start calling anyone I can and luckily had a friend who happened to live on my way to work who could watch him. I wasn't even late.

It threw my whole day off though. I felt edgy and bad that I had to mess up my son's routine even more. I wanted to eat. Plus we had all sorts of goodies, nachos, fries, popcorn. All my weaknesses. But I did not cave once. Not even when I didn't get my lunch (again) and ran into the break room to make my sandwich. I so just wanted to add a bunch of chips. I probably could've used the calories to be honest but I didn't want them just because I was hungry but because I was emotional. This feels like progress. I know it's just one day but sometimes that one day is the start of many more. But a little less drama would be nice.

Total burned 2978

Total deficit of 1638. And I'm tracking my water now too because I feel like I drink so much water. Tracking it day by day I've been surprised so far that I don't drink as much as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment