Thursday, September 6, 2012

Weigh In 9.6 & a run update


Yesterday was a hard day for me. I had to stay an extra night out of town for a 45 minute mandatory meeting at work. I know that doesn't seem like much but the meeting didn't start until 3:30 so I spent a whole day away from home for pretty much nothing. I felt really moody and down all day. I made the mistake of promising my son we could go to McDonald's so he could play. He asks all the time and I always say no. I thought it would be a nice change for him. I didn't think that I'd be eating dinner out too.

I did good for lunch, only getting a kids meal. I felt statisfied after and had a lot of fun watching my son run around. After the meeting I felt even more frustrated. I hate that I have to stay for things like this. I do try and be positive, at least I have a job to waste my time right? Traffic was awful going to pick X up. I wasn't use to the area and didn't plan for that. He really wanted a corn dog for dinner and Sonic happened to be the only place I passed on the way. I had looked at my Bugg and thought I had plenty of calories so I just decided to get whatever sounded good. I got a burger which ended up as a cheeseburger, large tots and a large drink. I shouldn't have even done the tots. They were too much and I felt full before I even started eating them. For some reason I insisted and ate almost all of them. I need to just listen to my body and not order so much.

Anyways I didn't meet my deficit for the day but it happens, I was close so I feel ok about it.

Burned 2671

A deficit of only 821 and I only drank 2 bottles of water. Not my finest day.

I figured my weight might not be so great today because of all the sodium and such from yesterday. Plus I happen to be on my period (sorry if that's TMI) so that always makes my weight go up a bit. I weighed in at 175. Only down .2 from last week. I wonder if it will be much different tomorrow.

Got the mean guy again but I hope to make up for it next week.
As for running, you might have noticed I haven't been talking about it. That's because I haven't been running. It's really frustrating to me because my knee is definitely bothering me. I went back to the doctor and she thinks that it is more a weakness in muscle than anything else. So I'm trying to build up the muscles in my legs and knees to see if that helps. So far I've noticed a difference in that my knee doesn't hurt every day after work. It use to hurt most days but I don't know if this is because of my break from running or not. I'm bummed because my 5k was supposed to be a month from today. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to run it still or not. I will decide after I run next week. If that goes well and I'm able to get my mileage up then I will. If not then I will do one in November. I just want to make sure I can do this right. I know if I hurt my knee alot of this weight will come back.  Anyone been through something like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment